Research Visa
Home ›  Visa  ›  Research Visa

Research Visa

Research Visa is granted to those desiring to go to India for undertaking some Research work. Usually the Research Scholars applying for Research Visa have their case sponsored by the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute which is a body jointly set up by India and Canada to promote research. If your research work is sponsored by some other institute or university or yourself, then also the procedure remains the same.

Please note that you have to apply for Research Visa even if you hold a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) card issued by the Government of India.

For more details, please visit the website of the High Commission of India, Ottawa ( under the heading – Consular Services - Visa Services – Research Visa -

© Consulate General of India, Vancouver, BC, Canada 2022. All Rights Reserved.
Terms & Condition| Privacy Policy| Copy right policy| Accessibility Statement| Help|
Page last updated on: Dec 1, 2022    Visitors: 5059529